Thursday, April 19, 2012

Why I want to love this phone but....

Nokia and Microsoft have teamed up to help save each others mobile business plans and this phone is a beauty.  There are even rumors that AT&T can't keep them on their shelves.  I will have to admit it is one sleek phone and Windows phone 7 is a neat and finally original concept for a smartphone's operating system.  So why haven't they taken off?

Well here is the thing, I see nothing major wrong with this phone and I would definitely by one if it weren't for the fact that there, as with most operating systems that aren't iOS, just not enough quality apps out there for Windows.  Now don't get me wrong, I will admit I am a bit of an Apple fanboy but I love new tech and new ideas and will give anything a try.  I even have a couple android tablets but I still find that developers just love Apple and that is where they focus all of their attention.  I hope they catch on to Windows phone, but I understand that Windows phones, first need to catch on themselves before developers will show them any attention at all.

But other than the great Nokia design here you have the creative Windows phone operating system.  It is a great concept but I feel it needs work.  I think sometimes Microsoft tries to focus on so many things and wants to get them out fast that they just lose that attention to detail sometimes.  I hope this time they will put some more effort into making this a truly awesome and competitive operating system.  You can even check out the operating system in a browser based demo that works with android and iOS.  Click Windows Phone demo and give it a try.  ANDROID AND IOS ONLY.  This will not work on your computer's browser.

It is a really great concept that I hope it catches on to developers and to customers so that they can improve upon and make this into a good competitor.  I also kind of hope that even if this doesn't come to pass that Apple will do a nice UI revamp of iOS in version 6 because I'll have to definitely say it is getting stale and dated looking these days.  But more on that in a different post.

No comments:

Post a Comment