Friday, April 20, 2012

Productivity on the Go: Pocket the web dvr

Have you ever been during the inter webs and came across and article then got busy and misplaced the link or simply thought of it another day and for the life of you couldn't find it again.  Happens to me all the time and it infuriates me to no end.  Well welcome the new DVR for the internet Pocket.



The app formerly known as Read it later (not to be confused with the Artist formerly known as Prince) has had a refresh and changed its name to Pocket.  Along with the name change comes a price change, FREE.99!  I love free stuff and when it works this well it's even better! 

Pocket works on everything from your computer to iOS device, to Android to  your Kindle fire.  Say you read articles in a news aggregator app like Pulse or Flipboard well inside those apps there is a button you can hit on an article to Read it later which sends it to Pocket so you can watch that video or view that webpage later.  For the Computer you can get extensions for your browser or simply email yourself in pocket from an email client.  Basically anyway you access the internet gives you a way to send it to pocket to view later.

You can view it from the pocket website or any of the apps on your mobile devices at any point just like you do with your DVR on your TV.    Just an awesome and simple app that I think to myself man I so could of thought of that.  Well maybe I should have thought of that considering all the issues I had the this app now solves.


No comments:

Post a Comment