Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Gaming on the Go: Order and Chaos Online

So yeah I am a recovering WOW addict.  OK seriously I am trying out the beta right now but I'm not currently playing the actual game right now.  Why do I mention this you ask?  Well let me tell you about a game that is feeding this addiction on the cheap.  Order and Chaos online from Gameloft is basically their WOW clone, and if you know anything about Gameloft you know I almost mean literal clone.  Regardless this is still an amazing game that Gameloft has pulled off here.  It is a full fledged MMO with all the bells and whistles. (well they don't have mounts.  I WANT MY GIANT CAT to ride Gameloft!)

 Any who this game is really fun and has lots and lots of questing, PVP, dungeons and even heroic mode dungeons that they call legendaries.  I believe that the current level cap is 50.  They have already released at least 5 updates for this game and the iOS version on the iPad and iPhone looks just amazing.  It is also available for Macs and for Android.  A warning about the android version though looks like they had a few problems with the last update but I believe they have gotten things worked out and are back on track for it now.  The game usually runs for 6.99 in the app store but I got it on a sale for .99 cents when I came across it.  It does have a monthly subscription which you pay for with in app purchases.  A month usually costs you .99 but they have great discounts for mutli-month subs.  You even get 3 months of free play time just for buying the app.  

You can choose from being a Mage, Warrior, Monk, and a Rogue.  There are also four races to be which are human, elf, orc and undead.  So there is a lot to choose from in the game you have a guild system in place, a personal bank and pets just to name a few. 

 I really like how they set up the control scheme.   You have all your abilities in a  dial in the bottom right that you can turn to access 3 abilities at a time and a map in the upper right corner and your picture, health, and XP bars in the upper left.  Your chat window pops up from the bottom whenever someone says something in the channel that you currently are in.  

I would highly recommend this game for anyone who is a fan of MMO's or any RPG game but doesn't want to pay 15 bucks a month or for those who simply would enjoy playing an MMO on a mobile device.  



No comments:

Post a Comment